Tuesday 8 May 2012

Preparing For FET

3 weeks till our consultation
8 weeks till ET - eek!

* RELAXATION CDs

These worked wonders during my first cycle. I've sold them on, but buying them again
- Zita West
- Making Babies IVF Support

By no means do I think theses CD gave me a BFP and a must have - but, what I know they did do, was relax me, kept me focused during the cycle. So I will be using them again, in the evening before bed. I did use them in the morning and left it playing during me sleeping at night - but with luckys early wakes in the morning and during the night, I doubt that will be possible!

* ACUPUNCTURE

I didn't use this method before, but as it is a natural cycle, I think it will be useful to do now. I've been recommended Katy Henry http://www.bridgecentrederby.com/index.php?cID=157&wID=158
As FET is in July, I will start mid-late June with sessions. If anything, it will be nice to have some me time!

* DIET

I cut out all crap for my last cycle and went organic wherever possible. I remember meeting up with a friend who was going through IVF ..and she ordered a Coke, yes Coke - along with a bag of crisps!! I was thinking WTF is she doing?? She can't eat that crap!! I remember coming home and telling Dan about it. How pathetic am i?! Needless to say she got a BFP on SET 1st time IVFer.. So it clearly, doesn't matter!! She said she ate crap throughout the cycle, but I think I'll go back to my healthy / organic diet, just to be on the safe side ;-)
Will also increasing my water intake..

* VITAMINS & MINERALS

I HATE taking tablets with a passion!! I struggle to swallow them and all a bit of a nightmare to be honest! But I will be on Conception tablets and iron tablets. I plan on speaking to my GP about requiring a higher dose folic acid and my blood clotting issues. That will will determine whether I add low dose aspirin in the mix aswell *heave*

* EXERCISE

I'm dusting down my fertility yoga DVD and running trainers! I exercise daily when I'm at work and running around after Lucky on my days off. But will try and fit in running and yoga aswell..

No comments:

Post a Comment