Tuesday 8 May 2012

Questions for IVF Consultation

Me & Dan are always firing questions to each other to ask Dr. Hopkinson but not doubt we'll forgot..

Thought I'd jot them down here - I will add to them over the next few weeks

- Natural or Medicated Cycle. Tubal factor IVF & cycles are as regular as clockwork. If natural is recommended by him, can we buy pessaries to add the womb lining?

- why did we loss so many eggs through ICSI but IVF embryos thrived throughout (if you remember we split our 21 eggs for IVF & ICSI - we loss LOADS through ICSI. Bad decision on my part :-/ )

- if we take 1 blastocyst out to thaw, but it doesn't - are we charged to thaw another blastocyst? I presume there is a small window of opportunity to complete this?!

- what is FET process and time scale?

- ask him to ask the success rate for the clinic. From looking on their website it seems to be a 43% or 50% but don't quite understand!

- how does alcohol affect FET? A month before FET starts my friend has a cocktail making party for her 30th. I don't want to miss it.. Do I have cocktails or mocktails?!

No comments:

Post a Comment