Thursday 23 February 2012

Trying for a sibling. The FET way!

Nearly 2 years since getting that amazing BFP and here I am awaiting our consultants appointment back with Nurture. Decided to go for the same Consultant Hopkinsson although its been a 3 month wait.
"Why am I doing this again. You've already got a child!" I guess the words; greedy, ungrateful, don't deserve success again - all spring to your mind. They certainly have done to me...
The last 15months with Lucky have been amazing, and he truly is our world, but how can we have him as an only child? The lack of cousins and relatives close by, the responsibility and somewhat burden he will bare alone as we age and get old, coming home to just his old parents after school, excitedly opening his christmas presents but only having to play with them alone, going on holiday without that sibling to play with.... Me and Dan are obviously always there for him, but both of us growing up with siblings makes us realise how important we feel they are to a family unit.
I suppose if we didnt have the 4 frozen embryos we wouldn't feel such as urge to do this again? But we do, so here we are.. once again, trying to extend our perfect little family.
Please don't hate me for this, I feel an overwhelming amount of guilt in the 'IVF World' already, so decided to keep this cycle secret... just me, my thoughts and the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment