Saturday 8 September 2012

Natural FET Diary CD15 - How Many To Transfer? 1 or 2?

I'm feeling really bloated, hot & bothered and flustered ... Clearly due to the cyclogest!

Tracey the embryologist called about 9am to confirm whether I was going for 1 or 2 blastocyst.

If I go for 1 blastocyst, they will thaw 2 and use the best 1.

If I go for 2 blastocyst, they will thaw 3 and use the best 2.

We are opting for the 3 IVF blastocyst to be thawed, leaving the ICSI one.

They try not to transfer both ICSI and IVF embryo's as the HFEA like to know which was successful, but if the thaw doesn't go well they will use the ICSI

I'm usually positive but I've naively thought the thaw would be ok. I kind of forgot about the 70% successful thaw rate and reading that for some women nothing thaws! :-(

Going to try and take my mind of it now.. Decisions made and i will have 2 blastocyst transferred on Monday!!

I will get a call between 0830 and 0900 to see how they have thawed. I'm pencilled in for ET at 1230 but "that depends on if we have anything to transfer" (...as she put it!) and may change depending on the other ladies booked in. I'll need to be there for 1200.

I'm off to squeeze Lucky ..I hope I can get him a sibling!! :-/




Update.. I'm confused isn't 3 too many to use?? I've left a voicemail message with nurture, but doubt anyone will pick it up on a Sunday??!

Pic of the day: me in the bath drinking camomile tea & sparkling myself some much needed babydust...

No comments:

Post a Comment