Friday 12 February 2010

Baseline Scan - Day ... Injection Demo

Arrived at the hospital at 7:20, grabbed a Mocha coffee Smiley (well it was a treat plus I needed an energy boost especially at that time of the day). Walked around to the clinic and there was 5 other couples sitting in the reception. Sat down, looked around a little lost... what was I meant to do... was there a ticket system that i missed... had they booked in somewhere else... confused.com!! Smiley

Asked the lady in front of me, what am I supposed to do, do we just wait here... why does your voice sound so croaky when the room is silent - ugh??! She said we all wait then go up in the order we arrived when the receptionist has got here at 7:30... well that makes sense.....

7:30 the receptionist arrives and everyone steams towards her 'hut' to collect the notes and was given a number... 'OK, so what do I do now??'
Smiley ... She collars the couple who were in front of me and says just follow them, they know where their going...

Oh great I'm a tag along now.. Why do I feel like a lost sheep - cringe!!
Smiley

Get around to the other reception room and start reading my book and finishing the last of my coffee... savoring every last drop - I'm going to miss you Mocha :(



Pink 3..? Yea, that's me...!! Followed the lady into the room and get asked to take everything from waist down off and lie on the bed.



Please please please
Smiley say I've down regulated:
Left ovary looks good, nice amount of follicles. Now we'll look at the right, what a pretty little ovary and lots of follicles still. We'll be needing you to drink lots of water to prevent OHSS and you'll be back for regular scan. All the follicles are all nice and small so that's great. You're lining is 4mm we like it below 6mm, so it looks like you've down regulated

I get my own monitor to look at... but don't have a clue what I'm looking at, who am I kidding?!! I suppose they got all that information from this:.... basically I've down reg'd



Phew!!
Smiley

Pop of the bed and got ready for my bloods... The nurse then mentions that she'll repeat my iron levels as I've previously have problems with them - at this point my heart skipped a beat, seriously it skipped a beat!! It was so obvious that I didn't want to do it, I was giving excuses after excuses but she took it anyway
Smiley ... Get told I will get a call around lunchtime with the results... At this point I wasn't thinking about the down reg results, my mind was just on these blinking iron levels!! Great, iron levels will low as I've a period... and still currently bleeding!!

Back to the reception with my notes awaiting for my injection demo... Whoop whoop... why am I so excited about injections
Smiley Strange woman I know..

Another nurse leads me to a room but gets called out immediately and on top of the notes folder I see Dan's SEMEN FLUID ANALYSIS... Huh, the results they couldn't find the at the last appointment, but as it was only a repeat as the other result was a year old the nurse and Dan wasn't that bothered that the results were lost.. Plus the nurse said we are funded for IVF and/or ICSI if need be, so the most of important results will be the sample from the day of egg collection.

Well the diagnosis section states: recommended IVF AND ICSI bold and clear ...
Smiley WTF.. OMG, whats wrong now... I don't understand anything on the sheet... what is asthenozoospermia, poor progressive motility, borderline sperm morphology and 101 percentages and figures, so I grab my phone and take a picture of the letter and move the folder back to the position the nurses left it, just as she walks back into the room... Smiley

Far too confused to ask any questions... feel quite naughty in seeing my own records!!

Anyway... focus Boo focus - onto Gonal f now!! Nurse explained that I have to do, was given a needles box and information leaflet.... and off I go, in a pretty good mood, seemed relatively easy - just gently jab it into my tummy ... easy enough right??

12:20 Witheld number - Yea, i've offically down regulated!! No mention of the iron levels, and I sure ain't asking!! Back on Monday for a scan, so pleased that Dan can come as well... didn't like going be myself

Now it's me, Dan and Gonal today, easy right??

Ummm.... will see tonight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment