Saturday 27 February 2010

My Perfect Blast - PUPO!!



At 0800 we got a call from the embryologist saying that they had a cancellation and the embryo's were doing excellent so Dr Hopkinson wants they put back as soon as possible.

Rather than the transfer at 1230, we were scheduled for 1030. I was adamant that we would get there early this time. I have a pet peeve about being late (we were late for the egg collection).

Dan drove to Nurture and we arrived in good time. As we walked down to Nurture I said to Dan that this would be the last time we will be coming here. He replied that the next time we come here it will be bring them a bunch of flowers or a picture of the baby for there hall of fame...

I had some time to listen to Zita West on the iPhone - THANKFULLY we were the only ones in the reception area, so I didn't get any strange looks with my hands doing a heart shape around my tummy, eyes close and slow deep breathing...


A nurse came to reception to collect us and take us through to the theatre area




Went to our recovery bed and got dressed for egg transfer

Took my phone in so we could get a picture of our little embaby, and gave the phone to Dan to take the picture.

They keep saying how perfect the blast was... i knew that already :) It was lovely seeing it. Was told out the 13/12 eggs that were fertilised. 5 were best quality. The embryologist choose this embryo as it was developed and started hatching.. Had tons of cells all around it, and could see where the foetus would start to develop.. our little blessing!! 4 of the other embryo's will be frozen for future use. Out of the 5 embryo's 4 were IVF (including the one being put back) and only 1 was ICSI.

The process was similar to smear test and painless. The worse of it was the fact you needed a full bladder... so with all the pressure on my tummy to view my uterus, I clinched my toes together hoping that I don't pee on the Consultant!!

It was an experience I would never forgot, especially when I saw the blast inside of me like a little white blob... a cute blob of course!!

Went back to the recovery room to have a lay down and cup of tea. After 10-15 minutes i couldn't resist having a wee. The consultant said that laying down after the transfer and not peeing for an hour was all wives tales, and I will be fine.. Whether i believed in it out not, I was desperate for the loo... and couldn't hold it in!!

Asked Dan to see the picture of blast... and he said he didn't take it, because he wasn't sure if you could .... Not happy, but never mind.. its not an image i will ever forgot!

Back home, sleepy and resting on the sofa... thinking about my perfect little blast..

I'm offically PUPO - Pregnant Until Proven Otherwise

We will be testing on 10th March 2010... now the wait and symptom spotting begins!!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful morning, I am sure!! So happy for you and can't wait to hear you say you're pregnant!! So glad I found your blog. You're just a few days ahead of me and it's nice to know what to expect next! :)

    ReplyDelete