Sunday 14 February 2010

Stimulation Time!


After the go-ahead from the nurse, we will be using Gonal-f 150iu injections in the evening. Opted for 10:20pm as it works best with my work shifts!
DAY 1
Felt pretty confident about doing it, had the demo with the nurse this morning and watched about 3 videos on youtube so thought it would be easy enough. Well, that wasn't the case... ha!! First of all I primed the injection with the wrong level 75iu rather than 35iu - doh!! What a twat!
Standing in the kitchen with Dan watching... tummy pinched, injection in the other hand - but I just couldn't do it! Smiley
- Palms started sweating, so decided to wash my hands and start again
- Needed to go toilet
- I'll have my treat 'Percy Pig' before the injection
- and tons of nervous laughter between me and Dan
... anything to spare me a few extra minutes!
Anyway, about 15mins later I go in for the kill... for some unknown reason I jab, but then decide to pull the needle back out ... idiot I know! Immediately, I thought 'Oh sh!t' and went back in again... click click click click and done!!
All of a sudden I had a sharp sting that only lasted 5seconds, and a cuddle with Dan and another Percy Pig later that was it..... Round One done!!
DAY 2
Opted to do this in turns with Dan, as I have to get use to the injections at some point... but it helps him feel involved. So its his turn tonight... I held my flab (no other way of putting it!), and Dan did the injection.. counted for 5secs after the clicks and that was it! No sting tonight.... I was so proud of him... think he was proud of himself Smiley
DAY 3
Woke up this morning with the mother of all headaches!! Smiley Side-effects kicking in already?? Didn't think I would have this side-effect as I never really suffer from headaches at all!! Well no such luck. Stayed in bed until 1pm, in and out of sleep - drinking lots of milk and water Smiley trying to flush my system without the need of taking a Nurofen. It worked... thank God!
Dan did such a good job yesterday with the injection that I asked if he could do it today... It just seems wrong to inject yourself...!
Its getting a lot better now, we aren't faffing about with nerves as much. So it went well.. still having my treat before the injection but never mind!! Only problem today was Dan pulled the needle out at an angle - ouch!! Bless him, he kept apologising, and kissing my tummy better, said he'll do it better next time (He better). Downed another bottle of water and glass of milk before bed... please no headaches in the morning!! Got some awful wind, Smiley poor Dan in the bed last night.. lol. Think i need some peppermint tea
DAY 4
No headache this morning - success!! Felt twinges with my right ovary; talk about symptom spotting!! ha! Can't wait for scan tomorrow - get to see what these little eggies are doing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment