Monday 22 February 2010

Day Before Egg Collection - Lady Hen "I Want To Lay These Eggs!!"



DAY BEFORE EC
Wow, didn't think this day would ever come!! I did not enjoy these drugs at all. Think to start with it was bearable, but this last week has been awful. So exhausted, tired, snappy, bloated, sore... and the lists goes on!!

Thank God its the last day of work, think working 4 late shifts till 2200 hasn't helped!! Was out on patrol, when I came over all hot, flustered, sick and started shaking
Smiley Being 1800hours on a Sunday most shops were closed, and the closest shop I could see was a Domino's. Literally ran in there and ordered something to eat. Thought I was really going to faint. Got back to work, and then I needed to go toilet.. typically the one closest loo to me was out of order!! So I had a hurry downstairs and (TMI warning) had the shits Smiley Don't know where this has come from, as I've been feeling fine in myself (other than the drugs).

Scoffed the pizza down me
Smiley drank a litre of water and laid on the sofa in the canteen to try and rest up abit. I think its nerves about tomorrow

Although I had spoken to my manager about having an operation on the Monday (just said it was gynea related!) i hadn't put in my annual leave. So I went down to do that, and it was like a huge relief lifted off my shoulders to know I had 2 weeks off work sorted.

MORNING OF EC
Didn't have a great nights sleep. Woke at 3am, started drinking another litre of water
Smiley had a hot water bottle on my sore tummy. I really don't think I could last another day with my tummy like this. Soooo ready to lie these eggs now! Lied on the sofa and watched Rumour Has It which I had Sky+ the night before.... then I dosed off to sleep again Smiley
Alarm went at 0700 and I packed my little bag with spare underwear, santary towels, magazine, books etc. Had a nice relaxing bath
Smiley and headed off to the clinic. The car during to Nurture was awful. I was in so much pain, I put back the car seat to ease the pain and cried my heart out. The pain was so unbearable .... I WANT THESE EGGS OUT!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the egg retrieval! Can't wait to hear how it goes! I have my first egg retrieval at the end of this week.

    ReplyDelete